The Gazette cares about your privacy. The following outlines our information gathering and dissemination practices for our web sites:
- IP Address -- We use your IP address, i.e, the location of your computer on the Internet, to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web sites.
Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. If you request that your ID name and password be saved through your internet browser, we will set cookies on your computer so you don't have to re-enter your user name and password each time you visit our sites.
- Contests & Surveys -- Our site's registration forms, contests and online surveys may require users to give us contact information such as, but not limited to, name and email address and demographic information such as, but not limited to, ZIP code, age, or income level.
- Contact Information -- From time to time, we may use customer contact information to send the user information about our company. The user's contact information is also used to contact the user when necessary.
- Demographic Data -- We may use demographic and profile data to tailor our users' experience at our sites, showing them content that we think they might be interested in and displaying content according to their preferences. This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis, to demonstrate facts about our overall audience. This helps facilitate their decision to advertise here, which is to our benefit and yours. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Personal Information -- When you are on a The Gazette web site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with The Gazette alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. Please be aware that The Gazette advertisers or web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those web sites. The Gazette is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- Public Forums -- The Gazette allows text and video commenting in various areas of our sites. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Choice/Opt-Out -- You can opt-out of receiving communications from The Gazette at any time. To remove your information from our database and not receive future communications, or to no longer receive our services, send an email with your name, address, email address and telephone number to Audience Development & Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Correct/Update -- To change or modify the information you previously provided, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Contacting Us -- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of these sites, or your dealings with The Gazette web sites you can contact Audience Development & Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org.